It’s the third Thursday and you know what that means.
Read more here.
Kaminanda. Photo credit: Lauren Emily Wydra
Across town at the Whistle Stop, monthly experimental/dance/punk night Makeout Weird brings gEars (aka Scott Caligure, the guy behind the Friends Chill night at Whistle Stop) of Bay Area avant-garde/eletro “uncomfortable music” label Gigante Sound, TJ DJ Ego War, and resident dance party monsters Mnstrpsy and Freak Sauce.
This month’s art installation is by Shelby and Zack Wentz of musical duo The Dabbers and a Found Pieces jewelry collection by Jess Lambard.
Meanwhile, kitschy Mexican bar and restaurant El Camino in Little Italy has a special night lined up with performances from members of Lucent Dossier, a Los Angeles cirque-de-force known for their steampunk/Vaudeville/neo-tribal fantasies set to electronic soundtracks.
DJ Carlos incorporates samples with Latin hip hop, funk, electro bass, and distorted, glitched out beats.
Eye candy by street artist Cory Schnitzer.
Two for one drinks!
More like this:
- Kaminanda at Liquid Geometry — Jan. 16, 2012
- Blame Astrology - Third Thursday Experimental Radness — Dec. 14, 2011
- Groovetube: Critical Beatdown Ate My Baby — Nov. 4, 2011
- Bird of Prey at Winstons - Saturday, October 1 — Sept. 29, 2011
- House Mix: Tech House, Progressive House, and Robocop — May 10, 2011