There are only two more Canyonfolk House Concerts scheduled for the El Cajon home of hosts Bill and Shirlee McAndrews, who are ending the series they began in 2003.
If the name “house concert” doesn’t make it clear, they explain it’s “just what it sounds like. We book a performer, set up chairs, sound and lights and enjoy a pot luck dinner before the show. It's an intimate, smoke-free evening of music. All money collected through the suggested donation at the door goes to the performers.”
Shirlee and Bill McAndrews
Most shows are staged on an outdoor patio overlooking the woods, as seen in this shot of the Grams performing, from Shirlee's Facebook photo album.
“We open our doors to people who love music and want to experience the music in its purist form. All are touring and accomplished national touring artists.”
More like this:
- San Diego cartoon postcards for 2013 - what & where shall we draw? — Sept. 25, 2012
- Local Band Comp Staring at the Sun Debuts 9-24 Casbah, 10-6 Lestat's — Sept. 5, 2012
- Record-Release Roundup — July 25, 2012
- 11-11-11: Big Day For Local Record Releases & Gig Parties — Nov. 1, 2011
- Berkley Hart's Album Release Gigs July 8 & 9 — June 27, 2011