He stole and laundered $750,000, says U.S. Attorney's office
Former Chula Vista Wells Fargo banker Ricardo Adolfo Benavente III has been charged with defrauding the bank and its customers by stealing and laundering $750,000 from customer accounts. An indictment was unsealed today (April 25). According to that indictment, Benavente stole funds from accounts of four customers, and moved the money to fictitious customer accounts that he controlled. He was arraigned today and pleaded not guilty.
More like this:
- Ex SeaWorld manager charged with embezzlement — April 4, 2016
- Wells Fargo banker looted accounts, headed for prison — Nov. 15, 2013
- Gang collecting bogus tax refunds broken up — Sept. 26, 2013
- Warning: Read the bank's fine print — July 31, 2013
- Ex-IRS Agent Turned Tax Preparer Nailed for Laundering — April 15, 2011