Bob Kittle, former chief editorial writer for the Union-Tribune, confirmed today (April 12) that he will become director of programming and content on KUSI. Kittle said he will be reporting to the news director. The news director, Steve Cohen, said he knew nothing about it, and said KUSI brass were out of town and wouldn't make such an announcement until the end of the week, if there were such an announcement. As far as I can tell, the news was first reported on Twitter by Gloria Penner of KPBS, who worked with Kittle regularly through the years. The Voice of San Diego then picked up the story from Penner. Cohen scoffed at the source of the news, belittling a Twitter report picked up by the Voice.
More like this:
- Former KUSI Anchor To Serve As Bob Filner's Communications Director — June 26, 2012
- Kittles Got $3.15 Million in cash for Rhoades School — Dec. 7, 2009
- U-T to Stay in Mission Valley for Now; Vows Return to Profitability — Aug. 16, 2009
- Mein Kittle — Sept. 27, 2007
- City and UT in Log Roll SNAFU — Jan. 12, 2006