Coach-Provocateur Norv Turner points to demotivational banner posted in Chargers' locker room during halftime of the team's November 11 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. At the half, the Chargers led 21-17, but they ultimately lost 34-24. It was the third such meltdown of the season; the previous two came against the New Orleans Saints and the Denver Broncos. No one knows the reason for the halftime banner, or even who puts it up, but, according to a locker-room source, "It has all the force and clarity of a Zen koan, and so far, we have found its siren call to suckiness totally irresistible."
More like this:
- Chargers’ coach nearly lynched — Dec. 9, 2015
- Coach-Provocateur Turner and Philip Rivers perform ritual seppuku following Monday Night Football debacle — Oct. 17, 2012
- Chargers Defensive Coordinator Fired — Jan. 5, 2012
- Coach Turner Promises Miracle Turnaround for His Fantasy Football Team — Nov. 22, 2011
- Midseason — Nov. 18, 2004