Council Brewing Company
NOTE: This establishment has closed. This page remains for historical records.
It takes a lot to compete in the brewing game when you’re located smack dab between Societe Brewing Company and the beer Mecca that is O’Brien’s Pub. But marrieds Liz and Curtis Chism have earned their spot on the Kearny Mesa beer trail behind well-crafted beers of all types. The IPAs and America’s Finest Pale Ale (essentially an IPA) deliver plenty of hop fruitiness, Belgian ales are enjoyable, and the Pirate’s Breakfast imperial oatmeal stout shows why it won the couple so many homebrewing awards.
After this venue closed, Hopnonymous Brewing opened in this locale in December 2019.
|Tuesday||2 p.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Wednesday||2 p.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Thursday||2 p.m. to 9 p.m.|
|Friday||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. to 10 p.m.|
- "Best new breweries" · Oct. 29, 2014
- "Dictionary of must-try local beers" · Oct. 29, 2014
- "It'll probably involve offal" · Sept. 3, 2014
- "Council rolls out the barrel(-aged beer)" · Sept. 8, 2014
- "Growing a brewery is hard work" · Aug. 7, 2015
- "Mosaic hops coax tropical finish from tart saison" · Nov. 29, 2015
- "Council Brewing's kiss of darkness" · Jan. 29, 2017