Coop's West Texas Barbecue
Prices: Meats with two small sides $13–$26; sandwiches $6–$9; pound of meat (no ribs) $12; Kit and Kaboodle (4 meats, about 2 pounds, with 2 sides) $19; sides $3–$5; desserts $4; whole pies $15.
Cuisine & Beverages: Authentic pit-smoked meats and a few sides; soft drinks only.
Pick hits: Pulled pork; Southwestern jerk chicken (especially smoked wings); beef ribs; baked beans; collard greens; sweet-potato pie; buttermilk pie. Most popular item: rib tips (not always available).
Need to know: Smoked wings and Kit and Kaboodle combo (four meats, two small sides) not shown on current printed menu or website. Tiny room; most patrons call in for takeout. Save room for pie! Three vegetarian side dishes.
|Sunday||11 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Friday||11 a.m. to 7 p.m.|
|Saturday||11 a.m. to 5 p.m.|
|Price range of entrées||$13 - $26|
|Occasional live music||No|
|Payment Options||Accepts credit cards|
- What the Chef Eats: Candied Yams · Aug. 31, 2011
- "COOPS West Texas BBQ Still Going Strong!" · Sept. 4, 2012
- "Smoking Zone: Coop's West Texas Barbecue" · June 22, 2011
- "All Things BBQ: Coop's West Texas Barbecue" · Jan. 7, 2014
- "All Things BBQ, the final results: San Diego's best barbecue" · March 20, 2014
- "Why slow and low cooking is worth the wait" · Aug. 9, 2017