San Diego Lifeguard report Jan. 21-27
- Jan 27
- 12:55 Medical: 911 call of sick person at the Torrey Pines Glider Port. 31S, M9, and M72 respond. Medics to handle.
- 16:20 Other: San Diego police department calls to inform lifeguards of person acting strange with a bat at Blacks Beach. 31S, U35, and San Diego police respond. Lifeguards unable to locate subject.
- 20:42 Boating: VHF report of vessel without power or anchor in Mission Bay Channel. Single transmission on 16, vessel never answers back. R1 checks the area, nothing found. All info and findings turned over to US Coast Guard.
- Jan 26
- 08:54 Medical: Fall, 20 year-old male at 3365 Ocean Ft. U23, M20, and E21 on scene. Patient advised and released.
- 08:57 Other: Sea lion on the Boardwalk at La Jolla Cove. SeaWorld will handle.
- 10:22 Diving: Request for the dive team for Capsized kayak at San Vicente Lake. 3L, U46, U51, San Diego police, and Medical Examiner on scene. Victim found in the water deceased. San Diego police will handle the reports.
- 11:32 Boating: disabled vessel off Bird Rock. R1 on scene. Tow Boat US to handle.
- 13:35 Vessel Adrift in Quivira Basin, R3 on scene and tows vessel to an impound buoy.
- 14:58 Medical: 27 year-old male seizure at Pacific Beach. Pacific Beach lifeguards, 21 Sam, E21, and M3 on scene. M3 transports patient to Scripps La Jolla.
- 15:05 Boating: 2 PWC’s stuck in the kelp. R1, 1 Sam, Jet1 on scene. Jet1 clears intakes, and PWC’s are clear.
- 15:45 Boating: PWC in the surf at Ocean Beach. R5/G1 on scene. Citation issued.
- Jan 25
- 13:32 Enforcement: Stolen kayak from El Carmel beach bar. Nothing turned in at the lifeguard boat storage unit.
- 19:13 Medical: Cardiac Arrest 700 Santa Clara Place. Unknown if it is water related. 24 Sam responds. San Diego fire on scene, CPR in process, not water related. 24sam clear.
- Jan 23
- 15:01 Other: Regular caller concerned for a beach patron at Cohasset and Capistrano near the volleyball courts. Caller concerned for the lack of movement from the person in question. U22 investigates and finds a person having a nap.
- Jan 22
- 14:25 Medical: MDC report of traumatic injuries from scooter accident at 4500 Ocean Front Walk. U24, 21S, T21, M9, and San Diego police respond. Victim advised and released by M9.
- Jan 21
- 06:00 Other: Passerby reports a possible fire somewhere near Sea World on Mission Bay. 24 Sam responds to investigate. 24 Sam finds nothing that matches the reporting party claims.
- 08:36 Swimmer: 911 calls of multiple boogie boarders in distress near Gazebos and south of the Marine Room. U34, 3 Sam, R1, Jet 20, 1 L, 31 Sam, E9, M35, and U35 respond. Victims rescued by lifeguards from the Shores and Cove. First victim having trouble breathing transferred to M35 and transported to Scripps La Jolla.
- 09:56 Swimmer: 911 call of surfer in distress south of the Marine Room. U 33 and Jet 3 respond. Jet 3 makes the rescue and transports to Shores.
- 10:07 Boating: 911 call of small sailing vessel capsized between Paradise Point and the Bahia. R1 responds to the report. Sailing vessel able to self-rescue.
- 12:45 Swimmer: Ocean Beach lifeguards report 2 people and 2 dogs swept out the Big Jetty rip. U12, 1 Sam, G1, R1, and Jet 2 respond. All victims were able to self-rescue. No injuries all units clear.
Share / Tools
More from SDReader
- More stories by Daniel Powell
- River rescue in El Cajon — Feb. 5, 2019
- Scripps research boat off Torrey Pines mistaken for panga — Jan. 22, 2019
- Scooter accidents edging out stingray calls 4-3 — Jan. 15, 2019
- Rescues at Dolphin Tanks, Hospitals, Wipeout, South Garbage, No Surf, and Fiesta Island — Dec. 31, 2018
- Blind man led off cliff by dog — Nov. 17, 2015