- I thought yall cared about me
- I thought yall were different
- I defended you, all of you
- From the mean words other said
- I tell them how you helped me
- I tell them how you saved me
- I tell them all these good things
- Because I love every one of you
- But now that I’m gone it’s different
- You still care but not enough
- You don’t care if I go to a shelter
- You would drop me off there yourself
- I only pretend to be strong!
- I’m weak!
- I’ve never been alone
- This isn’t something I ever wanted to deal with
- I always thought you would always be there to catch me when I fell,
- But I guess I was wrong
- It’s you who pushed me
Katie Koegel resides in North Carolina, grew up in the foster-care system and, with the support of her grandparents, has been pursuing her passion for writing and photography.
Share / Tools