1851 Bacon Street, Ocean Beach
December 3 | Sour Mania: Any chance to select from a bevy of tart blondes, Flemish reds, and the like merits the “God bless us, everyone” tagline, but offer that opportunity on a weeknight and that’s special in a biblical proportions sort of way. Raglan Public House is gifting local sour ale enthusiasts with just that, making for an early holiday season present worth savoring. | Raglan Public House, 1851 Bacon Street, Ocean Beach, 6 p.m.
675 W. Beech Street, Little Italy
December 4 | Rare Bourbon & Beer Pairing Dinner: You’ve heard of beer pairing dinners. You may have heard of whiskey pairing dinners, but you’ve likely never come across a dinner where beer and bourbon are paired with multiple courses. Correct that at a four-course soiree held at Craft & Commerce and presided over by noted booze expert and bon vivant, “Dr.” Bill Sysak. | Craft & Commerce, 675 West Beech Street, Little Italy, 6 p.m.
December 6 | Oceanside Green Holiday Gift & Brew: Oceanside’s is abuzz with burgeoning culinary and craft brewing cultures. The latter will be celebrated over a five-hour period when a double-decker bus ushers its fares to Bagby Beer Company, Legacy Brewing Company, and Surfside Tap Room, providing a beer samples at each. | Various Locations, Oceanside, 12 p.m.
Other Notable Happenings
- Dec. 2, 7 p.m. | Local Brews Local Grooves, House of Blues, Downtown
- Dec. 3, 5 p.m. | Ballast Point Keep the Glass Night, Plan 9 Alehouse, Escondido
- Dec. 4, 12 p.m. | Benchmark Hop Chunks Double IPA Cask, Small Bar, University Heights
- Dec. 3, 6 p.m. | Six-Course Beer Dinner, Ballast Point Tasting Room & Kitchen, Little Italy
- Dec. 5 & 6 | Strong Ale Festival, Pizza Port, Carlsbad
- Dec. 8, 5 p.m. | Monday Night Football with Great Divide Brewing, Hamilton’s Tavern, South Park