This is the official launch of a new San Diego beer award, the Sore Eye Cup! We will award our favorite local beer an actual cup they can drink out of, display or smash in the spirit of total victory. There will be three rounds for your favorite San Diego brew to survive to be the recipient of the first Cup. It starts now with open nominations from the general public.
Here's the rules: Beers nominated must be brewed here in San Diego by a recognized brewery. (If you're a homebrewer I'm more than willing to try your beer, anytime, maybe even trade for one of mine) They must be regular beers the brewery makes all the time; special versions, one offs and casks are not allowed. We're looking for beers that are available to everyone in SD county.
Nominate your favorite beer(s) by emailing me at [email protected], @ me in twitter or tag your nomination #SoreEyeCup. Nominations are open for one month and then we will move into the voting round. The top ten beers (at least), as voted by you, the best followers on earth, will be personally "researched" by me or my team of talented tasters. The top 3 beers in San Diego, as chosen by us, will be awarded the esteemed Sore Eye Cup and receive all the prestige and glory one blog can bestow upon a brewery!
- The Butcher, The Pupil and The Widow from Societe Brewing
- Idiot IPA from Coronado Brewing
- Beeruccino from Helm's Brewing
- Sculpin and Victory at Sea from Ballast Point
- Sublimely Self Righteous Ale from Stone Brewing
- Speedway Stout from Alesmith
- Duet from Alpine
- Dam! from Belching Beaver
- Kismet from Mother Earth
- Thunderweizen and Double Strike from Lightning
- Ifinitude from San Diego Brewing
- Lupulin Lust and Red Flag from Rip Current
Interested in being the title sponsor of the Cup? Email me @ [email protected]
More like this:
- Beer to the rescue — Jan. 15, 2015
- What’s in the hopper, part two — June 13, 2014
- 2014 World Beer Cup winners — April 14, 2014
- The Sore Eye Cup Vote Down — May 21, 2013
- Stringers Are NOT Reader Reporters, plus Taylor Swift's Taylor Guitar, Local Blogger Silenced By Killers, Wavves Calls SD "Wretched," SDMA Fishwrap, Zappa, Weiland, Axl, Blackheart, Ms. Beatle, Halford, Mower, more — Oct. 27, 2009