Scott Peters, in his previous update from the registrar showed 1,899 votes which has a lead over the Republican incumbent Brian Bilbray. Since the last night updating, at approx 2, 10,000 mail-in and provisional ballots around the country is yet to be counted. Scott Peter's lead grew from over to 2,66o, less brightening Bilbray's reelection hopes. For the political junkies, the night of election has become one of the most exciting parts. Bilbray was leading with a mere 13 votes on Nov 7.Then, there has been a slow and steady ascension for the Democratic challenger, who thought that the lead would never be put aside. Scott Peter was confident enough about the results that has been revealed in the reports to attend the orientation for incoming freshman legislators. According to the Registrar's spokesperson, workers there have been able to get through approximately 60,000-90,000 ballots per day on most days. Accordingly, they are expected to complete the counting of mail in and provisional ballots in coming few days. But the results for San Diego County might not be certified till Dec 4. As a result, the possibility that a winner in the 52nd District will not be announced until then.
More like this:
- Vote-schmote. I’m going to the beach. — June 8, 2014
- San Diego County’s final election results — Dec. 8, 2012
- Three Days Later, San Diego County Ballots Remain Uncounted — Nov. 10, 2012
- Hedgecock Stumps for DeMaio, Peters Touts Endorsements — April 10, 2012
- Anyone Paying Attention to the Provisional Ballot Count in District 7? — Nov. 12, 2008