The Normal Heights street fair celebrates ten years with artists, musicians, street performers, comedians, politicians, interactive installations, and more.
If an afternoon spin on the free “comedy trolley” - hosted by a handful of local wise-guys - isn’t more than enough reason to stop by Art Around Adams (it is), check out these musical highlights, who will be celebrating the street fair’s ten-year anniversary from 2 to 10 tomorrow (Saturday, June 1).
Click on band names for related Reader articles. Full lineup here.
Cafe 21 Stage - 2736 Adams Ave:
2:00 - Flowerthief
Papaha’s Gallery Stage at Car Wash - 3302 Adams Ave.:
7:24 - Madame Ur y sus hombres
Black Cherry Stage @DiMille’s Beer Garden - 3492 Adams Ave.:
9:00 - Bloodflowers
Folk Arts Stage - 2881 Adams Ave.:
4:45 - Santiago and Mire of Todo Mundo
Blindspot Stage @Smitty’s - 3441 Adams Ave.:
4:00 - New Kinetics
8:00 - Hills Like Elephants
9:00 - The Burning of Rome
Visual Shop Stage - 3524 Adams Ave.:
3:00 - 10shun
4:30 - Scatterbrain
6:30 - Odessa Kane
ArtLab Stage - 3536 Adams Ave.:
8:00 - Tori Roze & the Hot Mess
Don’t miss Mayor Bob Filner: 3:00 @ the Kensington Library Park Stage / Kids Zone - 4121 Adams Ave.
And Council President Todd Gloria: 3:45 @ Blindspot Records Stage / Smitties Service - 3441 Adams Ave.
Free – all ages
More like this:
- Liquid Geometry: Galactic Reign tour lands in Tijuana, San Diego — Oct. 5, 2013
- Enigmatic Party: sights and sounds of Baja in the Barrio — Sept. 21, 2013
- Boarsley: Sabertooth EP preview — Aug. 15, 2013
- Kill Quanti: Jonwayne, Jeremiah Jae, Mndsgn, and more. — Aug. 10, 2013
- Matthewdavid, Sixties Guns, Karaoke, and Joshua Brandon at Moustache Bar — June 21, 2013