House disclosure form shows he dabbled in junk bond funds
North County Congressman Darrell Issa took in $59.4 million last year, according to a disclosure form he filed with the House, according to the publication Politico. Issa pared down his debt in 2012 as bank borrowings dropped from $100 million in 2011 to $75 million in 2012, says Politico. He bought and sold funds managed by some big outfits including BlackRock and Goldman Sachs. His holdings included some junk bond funds, according to the filing. He sold three properties last year -- two in Vista and one in Carlsbad. Politico says Issa was worth more than $355 million at the end of last year, up roughly $100 million.
More like this:
- While FBI Ferrets, Filner Files Forms — July 4, 2013
- Capitol Hill's top two personal debtors hail from San Diego, analysis finds — Feb. 14, 2013
- Núñez kicks in for Hueso senate bid — Jan. 14, 2013
- Among Late Filers, Issa Discloses Huge Loans, Filner Reveals Mortgages and Free Trips — Aug. 20, 2012
- Bilbray and Issa Aides Take Off on Posh Congressional Chiefs of Staff Retreat — May 25, 2012