Authorities resist bribe from suspects who allegedly made death threats
Baja California state police arrested two suspects in Tijuana with a large amount of United States currency, on Saturday, June 15, after responding to a citizen complaint. Officers checked on a residence after a citizen called authorities to report a death threat. Two suspects were arrested at the home in possession with two backpacks full of cash. According to state authorities, the suspects, Juan Manuel De Alba Fonseca and Israel Mejía García, attempted to bribe authorities with the $240,00 they had in their possession.
More like this:
- Alleged sicarios apprehended in Tijuana police murder — May 20, 2013
- Tijuana police record 222 attempted bribes over last 4 months — May 2, 2013
- American woman arrested with stolen debit cards in Tijuana — April 2, 2013
- Texan fugitive arrested in Tijuana — Oct. 27, 2012
- Border News Translations 18: $2000 Bribe Refused — April 17, 2011