Apologizes to women, City; but not ceding power
Mayor Bob Filner said at a press conference shortly after noon today (July 26) that he will enter two weeks of intensive therapy Aug. 5. But he will continue to run the City; there will be no transfer of power, at least now. The mayor apologized to his staff, women he has offended, and the City of San Diego. In essence, he has done that before.
More like this:
- City thanks Peggy Shannon for not suing — March 4, 2014
- City will indemnify resigning Filner, with some hedges — Aug. 23, 2013
- City Attorney Jan Goldsmith says recall law is unconstitutional and should be struck down. — July 30, 2013
- In wake of scandal, Mayor Filner to propose new Weak Mayor guidelines — July 12, 2013
- City Attorney says Filner did not need approval from council before firing state and federal lobbyists — Jan. 31, 2013