Apologizes to women, City; but not ceding power
Mayor Bob Filner said at a press conference shortly after noon today (July 26) that he will enter two weeks of intensive therapy Aug. 5. But he will continue to run the City; there will be no transfer of power, at least now. The mayor apologized to his staff, women he has offended, and the City of San Diego. In essence, he has done that before.
More like this:
- Did interim mayor Todd Gloria have the authority to rescind stop-use order for Jack in the Box? — Aug. 31, 2013
- City will indemnify resigning Filner, with some hedges — Aug. 23, 2013
- Mayor Filner's ex makes vague statements about supposed 'abuse'; still no REAL evidence — July 15, 2013
- In wake of scandal, Mayor Filner to propose new Weak Mayor guidelines — July 12, 2013
- Did City Attorney Jan Goldsmith lift the suspension on closed session meetings? — July 7, 2013