Questions: didn't her allies vet her? Did the local press?
Several people who contribute to this blog have mentioned the relationship of Laura Fink, the second woman to claim Bob Filner harassed her, and Todd Gloria, council president who desperately wants Filner's job and loudly says he should resign. One of my contributors found this: in a biography of Laura Fink by the NGS (Next Generation of Service), there is a discussion of how Fink works for Congresswoman Susan Davis. Then there is this: "Other roles include fiscal fundraising, communications, and event responsibilities for prominent campaigns such as Hillary Clinton for President, Bob Filner for Congress (D, CA-51), Todd Gloria for City Council [emphasis mine], and Marty Block for State Assembly."
The lady has a conflict. In any case, her complaint about Filner is extremely dubious. If she was pushed into coming forward by the "Filner must resign" mob, didn't it do its homework? I haven't seen this covered in the local media. Perhaps it has been. But it should have been covered very prominently, and I don't think it was.
More like this:
- Rubber chicken master assumes city hall throne — Dec. 11, 2014
- Just what authority will Council President Todd Gloria have after taking control of Mayor's Office? — Aug. 24, 2013
- A closer look at Filner's accusers — July 28, 2013
- Filner may be the winner in last two accusations — July 24, 2013
- New accuser Laura Fink comes forward to file a claim from 8 years ago against Filner — July 23, 2013