Rents grow, but lag nation's pace, says Zillow
San Diego County housing values leapt 10% last year, according to Zillow.com. Only six of the top 30 metro markets had bigger jumps, and some such as Phoenix and Vegas were coming out of deep troughs. The median home value in the county is now $373,400, topped only by Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose among the largest 30 markets. However, local rents only rose 1.4% last year, lagging the 4.25% national gain, says Zillow. In the U.S., home values rose 5.9% last year; this year the gain is likely to be 3.3%, says Zillow.
More like this:
- Local home values to rise 9.3% in next year, says zillow.com — July 23, 2013
- Home values keep rising — Dec. 19, 2012
- SD housing outperforms most metro areas in third quarter — Oct. 23, 2012
- San Diego Home Value, Rent Growth Lag Other Metro Areas — Aug. 21, 2012
- San Diego Lags US in May Housing Statistics — June 20, 2012