The westernmost portion of Broadway downtown will close to vehicle traffic next Wednesday and remain shut down until sometime this summer, as the Port of San Diego continues work on their North Embarcadero Visionary Plan improvement project.
Beginning January 23, contractors will be working to re-route and install new utility lines and to install new roadways, sidewalks, and landscaping. While vehicular traffic will be fully blocked, pedestrian access will remain intact during work.
The Port is working to install a 105 foot wide esplanade including gardens, a waterfront promenade, public restrooms, a cafe and visitor’s building, along with other park space on the section of bay front spanning from the Navy Pier to B Street Pier. North Harbor Drive is also being relocated eastward to make room for the new development.
Photo: Port of San Diego
More like this:
- Portion of south bound lanes at San Ysidro POE to close overnight during June construction — June 4, 2013
- Harbor Drive reroute marks milestone in Embarcadero project — May 21, 2013
- Work Continues on Embarcadero Revamp — May 7, 2012
- Port Tenant to Install Shore Power System — Dec. 29, 2011
- Broadway Pier Cruise Ship Terminal — April 22, 2009