Kickbacks, sexual advances, drunken rampage allegedly involved in charges
The Medical Board of California has made charges against three San Diego County physicians. M. Tarek Kady is charged with referring patients to White Cross Pharmacy and in return getting kickbacks of $90,000. In 2009, Dr. Kady allegedly prescribed a controlled substance to an undercover DEA agent without a good faith examination or medical indication, says the board. Paul Frohna pleaded nolo contendere to driving under the influence; he had not told the truth to the arresting officer, according to the board. In 2011, on an airline flight, Frohna had several drinks and also taken an Ambien sleeping pill. He made a ruckus, allegedly spitting at and kicking one passenger, and attempted to grab the breast of a flight attendant. Anthony Bianchi allegedly made sexual advances to patients.
More like this:
- State Medical Board moves against two physicians — Aug. 26, 2013
- High-profile Coronado plastic surgeon draws yet another complaint from California Medical Board — Sept. 12, 2012
- Dr. Dougherty Ends Decades-Long Fight with Drug Enforcement Agency — April 6, 2011
- Bertha Bugarin Heads to Jail — Feb. 18, 2009
- Crazy About You — July 6, 2000