The House Committee on Oversight and Reform, chaired by Rep. Darrell Issa, Republican of North County, made a one-minute video unfairly slamming President Obama, according to publicintegrity.org. The video criticized Obama for the cost of state dinners. It went on Twitter and on to conservative blogs over the weekend. Melanie Sloan, executive director of watchdog Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said Issa's committee was responsible for "one of the most outrageous abuses of official resources I've ever seen." The group will file a report, said Sloan.
More like this:
- Immigration reform activists visit Darrell Issa's office — Nov. 24, 2013
- San Diego's GOP fundraising fox hosted by lobbyists' PAC — June 21, 2013
- Issa Responds To President's Plan to Save Postal Service — Sept. 19, 2011
- Rep. Issa Sends the Post Office a Message — June 24, 2011
- New Yorker Magazine Scorches Darrell Issa — Jan. 17, 2011