San Diego County home values did slightly worse than the composite of 20 major metro areas in May, according to Standard & Poor's/Case-Shiller home price data released this morning (July 31). San Diego values rose 0.9% from April, lagging the 2.2% rise of the 20-city composite. Local home prices fell 1.1% from a year ago, a worse performance of the 0.7% drop of the composite. San Diego home values are down 39% from the peak of late 2005.
More like this:
- SD average home prices top metro areas' yearly gain — March 26, 2013
- SD home values rise in line with nation's large metro areas — Oct. 30, 2012
- SD Home Values Rise in July — Sept. 25, 2012
- U.S., San Diego Home Prices Still Struggling — May 29, 2012
- San Diego Housing Lags Other Metro Areas — Oct. 25, 2011