A man who threatened to blow up the federal courthouse in San Diego was apprehended in Tijuana on Sunday, August 19th. Georgiy Chipunov, the 28 year old suspect, sent threatening emails which were traced to a tourist complex in Tijuana.
Chipunov was apprehended by the international unit of the state police, which works hand in hand with U.S. officials on arresting international criminals. The San Diego sheriff’s department requested his arrest after pinpointing his location.
The suspect, who was born in Russia but is a naturalized U.S. citizen, was handed over almost immediately to the U.S. He is expected to be held on multiple charges involving terrorism and cyber-terrorism.
More like this:
- Texan fugitive arrested in Tijuana — Oct. 27, 2012
- Chula Vista murder suspect nabbed in TJ — Oct. 5, 2012
- Fugitive wanted for murder arrested in Baja — Sept. 11, 2012
- 55 International Fugitives Captured in Baja During First Half of 2012 — July 23, 2012
- Mexican Mafia Fugitive Caught in Tijuana — June 16, 2012