The Tijuana Municipal Police seized over 1 ton of marijuana from empty residences during raids late in the week. Both raids netted packaged and ready to ship marijuana.
In the first raid, which occurred in southeast Tijuana, 844.5 kilos (1,861.8 pounds) were found. An anonymous tip led to the raid on Thursday, April 5th about 10pm.
The second raid also occurred in southeast Tijuana, in the Maclovia Rojas colony. 180 kilos (396.83 pounds) were found in the second home on Saturday, April 7th. The raid also resulted from an anonymous tip.
Both residences were vacant and no arrests were made. The Mexican Army assisted in the larger bust, and federal prosecutors are looking into the case.
More like this:
- Authorities seize over one ton of marijuana from Tijuana residence — May 11, 2013
- Over 7 tons of marijuana seized in TJ — Nov. 6, 2012
- Over 1.5 Tons of Pot Seized in TJ — June 18, 2012
- Raids Net Over a Ton of Drugs, Plane, & Arrests — April 10, 2012
- Over 7 Tons of Marijuana Seized in Baja — March 6, 2012