The National University System Institute for Policy Research has concluded that technology industries account for 30% of jobs in the San Diego metro area. The 6,023 tech employers account directly for 138,800 jobs, says the institute. But these jobs generate another 224,200 jobs, sustaining 29.3% of payroll employment. As of last year, the average wage in tech industries was $93,800, more than twice the $45,000 average wage of non-tech companies.
More like this:
- SD tech bounceback happened last year — April 29, 2014
- Fed H-1B Visa Probes May Help American Engineers — Feb. 8, 2012
- SD Wages Dropped in Decade — June 28, 2011
- San Diego 13th Largest Tech Employer; Tech Jobs Pay More Than Double Average Private Sector Wage — June 24, 2008
- Strength Is in Low-Pay Jobs — June 28, 2007