Don Yoon, the man who lost his wife and two baby daughters as a result of a military jet crashing into their home in 2008, is seeking $25 million from the federal government. Yoon's father-in-law, who also lost his wife in the crash, is seeking $20 million in compensation. In addition to the $55 million, the military estimates attorney costs to be around $1 million.
The amount was revealed during closing arguments from Yoon's attorney, Brian Panish, inside a San Diego courtroom, as reported by the Associated Press.*
More like this:
- Piercing Papa Doug’s veil of cash and influence — Oct. 15, 2015
- Big Money Landed in UCAN Misspelled Accounts — Feb. 29, 2012
- Dept. of Justice: Award to Family in Military Jet Crash Case Creates "Dangerous Precedent" — Dec. 29, 2011
- Federal Government Sued Over 2008 Marine Corps Jet Crash — Dec. 12, 2011
- USD Releases Report on Mexican Justice — Dec. 2, 2011