Wholesale chaos in the world of retail
Derrick Payton, assistant manager of a high-end home improvement store, has been waiting nine years for a promotion to full store manager. Now, the job has fallen into his lap. Unfortunately, the store he's been handed is on a downhill skid, and he only has a week to turn it around.
Now he has to battle crazy customers, employees who think the time clock is optional, and the dreaded Wicked Witches of the West, who are a pair of back-stabbing female associates determined to see him go down in flames.
His wife is pushing him to ask for a raise; his staff is trying to push him out the door; and his customers are about to push him over the edge. Caught in the middle, Derrick can't help but wonder...
Who says the customer is always right?
Authors note: Be on the lookout for blog excerpts from Who's Minding the Store?
David Lucero's latest book is available at Mysterious Galaxy Books located at 7051 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., Suite 302, San Diego, CA 92111 (858) 268-4747, and can also be ordered direct from his website www.LuceroBooks.com
More like this:
- Murder suspect in custody three years with no evidence presented yet — July 21, 2013
- You Should Read 'Who's Minding the Store' Because... — Feb. 28, 2013
- Valley Center man accused in mother's death due in court — Jan. 14, 2013
- Derrick puts Tina in her place! — Jan. 4, 2013
- Where Politicians Park for Free — May 13, 1999