U.S. News & World Report is out today (Aug. 17) with its annual list of the best colleges and universities, based on a number of academic criteria. The University of California San Diego comes in 35th. Last year, it had enrollment of 27,634 and a student acceptance rate of 38%. The University of San Diego came in 94th with 7,868 students last year and an acceptance rate of 49%. San Diego State University came in 183rd with 33,790 students and a 36% acceptance rate. The top three universities, in order, were Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.
More like this:
- SD's for-profit colleges devour GI Bill bucks — June 29, 2014
- San Marcos H.S. Rated 11th in Country by Magazine — May 8, 2012
- Expanding Diversity in UCSD Student Population — July 4, 2011
- For-Profit College CEOS Rolling in Dough, Including Bridgepoint — Nov. 10, 2010
- UCSD Tied for 35th in U.S. News's Annual Ranking of Universities — Aug. 22, 2008