The unemployment rate in San Diego County rose to 11% in March from 10.7% in February, although employment increased by 5,000 in the month. The comparable rate for California was 13% and the nation 10.2%. Local government jobs went up 1,400 from February to March. Retail trade jobs inched up 0.3% and amusement, gambling and recreation jobs rose 1.3%. Jobs in full service restaurants rose 1.4% in the month. These are possible signs of a lambent consumer recovery. Tourism (accommodation) jobs were flat -- an improvement over some previous months. Year over year, the county lost 35,100 jobs.
More like this:
- SD March unemployment drops to 7.7% — April 19, 2013
- SD February unemployment falls to 8% — March 29, 2013
- SD Unemployment Rate Rises to 10.5% — Aug. 19, 2011
- Local Unemployment Rate Up, but Jobs Rise — April 15, 2011
- San Diego Unemployment Soars to 9.3%. County Loses 44,600 Jobs over Year — April 17, 2009