Sempra Energy, San Diego-based parent of San Diego Gas & Electric, has issued a statement claiming that it is "investigating" recent media reports that its lobbyist reportedly slept with former Orange County Assemblyman Mike Duvall. Yorba Linda's Duvall was caught on an open mike bragging about his sexual exploits. TV station KCAL and the Orange County Weekly identified one of his sex partners as Heidi DeJong Barsuglia, a lobbyist for Sempra. She is 36 and he is 54. Both are married. Duvall is a hero of so-called family values groups -- having a perfect 100 rating from one of them. Duvall resigned when tapes of his conversation with another lobbyist were broadcast by KCAL. Sempra says that its employee has denied the media reports. Says Sempra, "Our investigation will be conducted to ensure not only that our policies on employee conduct are strictly adhered to, but also that our employee is treated fairly."
More like this:
- Who told the feds about Azano? Bob Brewer, that’s who. — March 12, 2014
- Not a story, says Maienschein of his lobbyist dating — July 31, 2013
- Recipients of half of Sempra non-profit cash unidentified in disclosure — June 6, 2013
- San Diego Ethics Exec Signs Off on Controversial State Reforms — Nov. 11, 2011
- SDGE Lobbyist Said to be Innocent, Reinstated — Nov. 2, 2009