New sculptures were recently installed by the San Diego Port and a public ceremony will be held on September 12th, 2009 at 10am in front of the Port’s B Street Cruise Ship Terminal in the Marina District in Downtown San Diego. There will be entertainment, refreshments and the “Urban Trees Challenge” contest where you can win a prize for answering questions about the Urban Trees artworks.
One of the new sculptures installed is a giant box of popcorn that overflows with over sized baby chicks and next to that, a giant tuning fork with wavy branches points out toward the sea. Just a few yards from that, three spotted frogs frolic up a game board that swirls to the sky. To read more about the Urban Trees 6 Exhibit visit there website here.
Visit the Urban Tree Gallery for a fill list of the trees here.
Read our former blog “San Diego Urban Trees” and “Urban Trees 5 Exhibit in Downtown San Diego!” for more information about the Urban Tree Exhibit!
More like this:
- San Diego Bay - Eco Friendly Efforts and Achievements in Downtown San Diego! — Oct. 19, 2009
- The Star of India has Returned to the Embarcadero in Downtown San Diego! — Sept. 16, 2009
- A New Plan for Survival at the Vantage Pointe in the East Village District in Downtown San Diego!! — Aug. 11, 2009
- Downtown San Diego Harbor Drive’s View is Now Forever Changed — April 28, 2009
- Broadway Pier Cruise Ship Terminal — April 22, 2009