Feature length theatrical releases were not the only films to get the royal ballyhoo treatment back in the day. Posters heralding the arrival of a new one-reel animated wonder -- frequently as colorful as the shorts they hyped -- were splashed across the front of theatres. In some cases the shorts even had added marquee value.
There's a file on my desktop marked "Cartoon Posters" that contains hundreds of scans. Today seems as good a day as any to crack open the repository and share the wealth. Forgive me for not dating all of the pics, but when I started 'collecting' these images it was never with the intent of sharing them.
More like this:
- Anatomy of an ad campaign: North by Northwest — July 23, 2013
- Hold that lion: a pictorial history of the MGM logo — June 27, 2013
- **L@@K** RARE VINTAGE RETRO CLASSIC OZU WIFE-BEATER T-SHIRT - CHEAP **L@@K** — June 18, 2013
- Clean slate: A brief pictorial tribute to the clapboard — June 17, 2013
- Happy Flag Day! — June 14, 2013