Sentient symbiotic organism breaks silence, comes forward with story of "inappropriate touching" and "degrading comments."
"Of course, I realized that my testimony would likely be seen as suspect, given my close relationship with City Attorney [and Filner foe] Jan Goldsmith," said the hair-shaped organism at a closed City Council session today. "But now that I've seen so much skepticism heaped upon the various women who have accused the Mayor, I understand that any testimony is suspect. The only hope lies in numbers - if enough of us come forward, the public will hopefully understand that we can't all be lying. And I'd like to add, just for the record: No, Mr. Filner, I do not store up nuts for the winter."
More like this:
- Off the record: city attorney and U-T reporters — Jan. 16, 2014
- Late to the Filner party — Aug. 22, 2013
- Did City Attorney Jan Goldsmith lift the suspension on closed session meetings? — July 7, 2013
- Maxed out? — June 12, 2013
- Mayor Filner to impatient pot proponents: "Quit harshing my mellow." — Jan. 30, 2013