Fired coach-provocateur, abandoned and rejected by the very people he sought to entertain, echoes Gary Cooper's famed gesture from ending of High Noon
He turned back the blackhearted, vicious Raiders who rode into town, but the damage was done.
More like this:
- Tony Gwynn, "A hero for our time, er, town." — July 1, 2014
- San Diego Opera Director Ian Campbell brings down the final curtain — April 7, 2014
- Local condiment company drops DeMaio's name from product in wake of allegations — Aug. 29, 2013
- Dave Rolland: "No Maass." — Feb. 13, 2013
- Gates of Heaven? — May 18, 2012