Fired coach-provocateur, abandoned and rejected by the very people he sought to entertain, echoes Gary Cooper's famed gesture from ending of High Noon
He turned back the blackhearted, vicious Raiders who rode into town, but the damage was done.
More like this:
- Tony Gwynn, "A hero for our time, er, town." — July 1, 2014
- Local condiment company drops DeMaio's name from product in wake of allegations — Aug. 29, 2013
- U-T San Diego issues apology for Filner typo — July 12, 2013
- Manchester clarifies "I'm buying the LA Times" statement — Feb. 13, 2013
- Gates of Heaven? — May 18, 2012