Queen Bee's Art & Cultural Center
For a more low-key, all-ages dance scene, check out weekly sessions and classes at this artistic center in North Park. Attendance can be 100-plus, but no alcohol is involved. Salsa and bachata (a Dominican dance style) lessons every Sunday night at 7:30 are followed by a DJ’d session that lasts until midnight; $10 with or without the lesson, $8 for students. Wednesday-night swing-dancing starts with a class at 7:30; open dance begins at 9:00; $15, $12 for students.
- "Have Your Guitar Out of the Case and Tuned Before It's Your Turn" · May 25, 2011
- "Geared up at Chrononaut" · March 9, 2011
- "Grace Ann Piano brings visual story of indigenous cultures to Queen Bee's"
- "Grace Ann Piano brings visual story of indigenous cultures to Queen Bee's"` · Aug. 1, 2013
- "Coming this November: San Diego Indie Acoustic Original Artist Showcase" · Sept. 23, 2013