2000 Second Street, Coronado
August 14 | Coronado Craft Beer Tasting Party: The Crown City is trading in island fever for beer fever, inviting the world’s reigning best medium-sized brewing company, Coronado Brewing Company, to show off its beer in tandem with food from local restaurants and live musical acts. It sure is nice to be home to so much talent, brewing and otherwise. | Coronado Island Marriot Resort & Spa, 2000 Second Street, Coronado, 5 p.m.
1055 Fifth Avenue, Downtown San Diego
August 15 | Local Brews Local Grooves: Each month, the Gaslamp’s House of Blues syncs rhythms of local bands with the rising tide of the local craft beer industry, offering a lengthy, varied list of San Diego County beers for show-goers to choose from as they jam, sway, rock, or mosh the night away. This month’s crafty cast includes Ballast Point, Green Flash, Iron Fist, and more. | House of Blues, 1055 Fifth Avenue, Downtown, 6 p.m.
333 South Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos
August 16 | Stone 18th Anniversary Celebration & Invitational Beer Festival: It’s the largest, most widely-attended craft beer festival on the West Coast and this year, with well over 100 beers from more than 60 carefully selected breweries, plus tons of specialty beers, collaborations, and rarities from Stone Brewing Co., it figures to be the largest and most outrageous annual fete ever. | California State University—San Marcos, 333 South Twin Oaks Valley Road, San Marcos, Two Sessions
Other Notable Happenings
- Aug. 12, 8:30 p.m. | Outdoor Movie Night, Stone Brewing World Bistro & Gardens, Liberty Station
- Aug. 13, 5 p.m. | Keep the Glass Night with Lagunitas, Plan 9 Alehouse, Escondido
- Aug. 14, 5 p.m. | All Sierra Nevada Beer Camp Across America Brew On Tap, Pizza Port, Ocean Beach
- Aug. 14, 6 p.m. | American Sour Ale Book-Signing, Modern Times Beer, Point Loma
- Aug. 18, 5 p.m. | Ninkasi Brewing Meet the Brewer Night, Small Bar, University Heights